Cheesecake Stuffed Apples
1. Place Neufchatel (or cream cheese) in a large bowl and crack 2 large eggs and let sit at room temperature until the cream cheese is softened.
2. Cut 1/4 inch off the top of apples. Use a melon baller to hollow out the inside of the apples, leaving 1/2 inch of flesh around the bottom and edges.
3. Melt 4 tablespoons unsalted butter in a small bowl. Transfer 2 tablespoons to another bowl, add 1/4 teaspoon of the ground cinnamon and 1/8 teaspoon of the ground nutmeg, and stir to combine. Generously brush the inside flesh of each apple with this mixture. Transfer the apples to a baking sheet.
4. Add 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs to the remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until combined. Sprinkle a heaping teaspoon of mixture into each apple. Gently flatten the mixture into the bottom of the apples. Set aside the remaining mixture.
5. Add 3/4 cup granulated sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, remaining 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon and remaining 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg to the cream cheese and eggs and beat together until smooth. Carefully spoon the filling into each apple until filled to 1/2-inch from the top.
6. Bake until the apples are softened and the filling is golden brown on top, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool completely before serving. When ready to serve top, sprinkle with the remaining graham cracker mixture and a drizzle of caramel sauce.